05 February 2009

LUNCH: The Big Salad Shoppe

Blast! I've been working way too much lately, and haven't had much time to make lunch or go grocery shopping. SO! Usually when I want a quickly made to-go lunch, I head to the Big Salad Shoppe on L Street between 10th and 9th. I vowed to never go back to this place for sandwiches, but it's just way too convenient for me. Most everyone I know at work only order salads. They make a mean salad. I guess that's why it's called the "Big Salad" shoppe and not the tiny salad shop. Brilliant. Any salad there is decent. The guys I know always walk away full. I think you can get 1/2 salads. So, if this is your first time there, I would recommend their salads or soup. Sandwiches are spotty. I remember thinking the rolls were dry and gross. Lately, I've just been ordering regular turkey on sourdough, and the sourdough has been pleasant enough. Can't really ruin a turkey sandwich though! Sorry, no cocktails and limited space. Everyone can hear your conversations and the line usually wraps around the tables when busy. To wit- don't go out of your way, but if you work nearby, it's something to try and they are fairly quick with the orders.

1 comment:

  1. The B.S. Shoppe (that's what we call it at work) only exists because there aren't too many quick eats downtown. It's not that great.

    ReplyDelete