10 February 2009

DINNER: Woody's Grill & Bar

Woody's Grill & Bar Web site
Now I know what you are thinking... Woody's? Really? Well not all dinners have to be filled with fruity cocktails and fancy apps. The family was running errands and Claire was reaching her breaking point unless she was able to have a hog dog soon. Well, we were on Watt Avenue, so Woody's fit the bill. I have to say, I wasn't expecting very much of this place but was pleasantly surprised (don't get too excited, though). It had a large bar area with flat screens viewable from your table --- a plus since NCAA basketball is in full force. Claire liked the island themed decorations and that kept her entertained until her precious dog arrived. Woody's menu is what you would expect, burgers, dogs, salads, fish tacos... you get it. Chris was able to choose between two hefferveisens. Claire had apple juice with unlimited refills (always a plus). Chris was in the mood for a burger and had a nice selection to choose from --- he said the onion mushroom burger hit the spot, which came along with endless steak fries which everyone (me) enjoyed. Claire had a corn dog from the kids menu which also came with fries. For me, on the other hand, it was a bit more tricky. Being a pescotarian, I figured I would have one or two options at most. A had the taco salad with shrimp --- it was HUGE! Topped with gauc, olives, beans, tomatoes, salsa: in the biggest taco shell I'd seen in a while. They did have a yummy veggie burger option that I'd probably get next time. One warning: Do not eat here if attempting to diet. I usually try to eat healthy and this place did not have any options to fit that need. I would estimate that even my taco "salad" had a good 1000 calories in it. I guess it's all about portion control, right? We walked out with a $30 bill - and gave our server a generous tip because he was caring and attentive to Claire, which isn't something I always see a family-friendly joints.

1 comment:

  1. Why is the apostrophe in Woody's logo between the "d" and the "y"?

    ReplyDelete