22 February 2009

COCKTAILING: Bridges on the River

Bridges on the River's Web site
I want to love Bridges on the River. I really do. I keep trying to give it chance after chance after chance. It's a family run neighborhood restaurant right on the river, and, during the summers, they have great outside seating with view and the occasional band. I just wish the food was more consistent, and wish the upstairs service was, as well. The bar, I thought, was nicer when it was smaller and cozier; now, with the remodel, it seems a bit open and cold. Nonetheless, if you go -- the owner told us he's starting to do nightly 2 for 1 specials; that may get us back in the door for dinner. What is always consistently good is the brie appetizer with roasted garlic and a sort of compote over bread toasts. Can't complain about the cocktails!

No comments:

Post a Comment