04 February 2009

DINNER: Roxy Rocks It

Roxy's Web site
I was too lazy to go shopping and cook, so we headed to Roxy for a late dinner. The atmosphere is great for a nice late meal. Modern meats the Pondorosa, with the owner's Dixon ranch beef front and center on the menu. We had the bacon wrapped shrimp with an arugula pesto to start. Excellent. Lisa had the beet salad - very tasty, I had the butternut squash soup -good, but a bit too much heavy cream for my taste; I only ate half of it so I could eat some of my entree. Typically I avoid the specials, as the regular menu items are tried and true with most establishments. Most of the bad entrees I have ever had were specials, so I usually avoid them (Latitudes and Waterboy come to mind). Not so tonight, they had a New York steak with fresh gnocchi & asparagus. Outstanding. The staff was very attentive and pleasant. I wouldn’t go there if I were trying to hook up. Watch out for the tipsy Volvo drivers on the way out of the parking lot- (I guess her date didn't go so well).

2 comments:

  1. only Yuppies go to Roxy everyone is so stuck up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like Wienerschnitzel.

    ReplyDelete