25 January 2009

LUNCH: Pyramid Alehouse

Pyramid Alehouse's Web site
On Friday I lunched at Pyramid Alehouse Brewery with my coworkers. It's a weekly tradition for me. I like going there because I love their vegetarian burger and the service is almost always pretty good. They are also pretty fast even though it gets pretty crowded at lunch especially on Fridays. I won't pretend to review the menu since I always order the same thing but I will tell you all about my favorite Friday meal there. If you are a vegetarian or even if you are not but you want a healthier alternative to a greasy burger, you have to try the veggie burger. It is a simple Boca patty served on a delicious hamburger roll with Louie dressing and the fixings on the side. I love the Boca brand patty. I think it is far superior to the popular Garden burger brand patty both in flavor and health wise. It is also more likely to fool a meat eater into thinking they are eating a beef burger. The hamburger roll that it comes on is a generous size and the bread is not too spongy and not too fluffy either. I like that it is not buttered and grilled either. It is however slathered with Louie dressing (the orange stuff). On the side are the lettuce, tomato, pickle slices and red onion. Usually the veggies are fresh and crisp. They were a bit wilted this past Friday. The burger comes with perfectly seasoned French fries. I usually ask for blue cheese dressing to dip them into. At $7.95, the meal is a delicious deal. Of course, you simply must order a beer to wash your burger down with. If I can have a drink when I'm there I always opt for the Apricot Ale. Girly, yes but delicious too!

1 comment:

  1. How come I never get invited to Friday Pyramid lunches? Poo poo!

    ReplyDelete