24 January 2009

DINNER: 58 Degrees & Holding Co.

58 Degrees & Holding's Web site
Leslie and I ate dinner at 58 during "Dine Out Sacramento Week". We went for the dinner with wine pairings. Overall, food was wonderful and wines were unique. I recommend this wine bar/restaurant for after work drinks and appetizers. You could tell formal dinners are not their strength. The appetizers (wild mushroom soup, arugula salad and cheese plate) were to die for! I could have stayed there all night just munching on the cheese plate and sipping on the fine wine. Cons: no reservations taken for dinner...first come first serve...makes it difficult to find a table. You have to hover around people until they leave or find a couch or sit at the bar. And the dining area is small. Pros: ambiance is fun, wine is unique -- regions and countries are atypical. Of course, maybe I rejoiced in my dinner just because I was out without my two-year-old!!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my fave places. LOVE that you can order half glasses (so you can taste a lot with out getting blitzed). I've always liked the food, but hate the no-reservations thing. If there's no place for me to sit and enjoy my wine, I'll walk around the corner to Zocalo for a margarita.

    ReplyDelete