25 May 2009

LUNCH: Il Fornaio Cucina Italiana

Il Fornaio's Web site
A couple of us at work held a small private retirement lunch for a group of 12 at Il Fornaio the other day, and I would highly recommend for such functions. I've been to a rehearsal dinner there (my own), a wedding reception, and a bachelorette preparty-dinner, and every time they've done really well at accomodating our needs. Also a plus: they do not charge extra for the smaller private rooms, unlike Ella, which we had looked into first. We all, I think, had respectable lunches, although it sounded like most would try something different the next time. Lots of panini and salad orders (tonno and salmon); canneloni; risotto; turtei (lobster ravioli); and one special, the piatto smera, which had the rave review out of all the entrees (scallops, prawns, and calamari, over a toasted piece of french bread and a canneloni type bean). The favored dessert: tiramisu. I recommend for large groups, and their happy hour (free apps).

1 comment:

  1. Seems like Ilfo used to be a cocktailing hotspot years ago before midtown added all of its recent offerings. Glad to hear it's still a good pick.

    I spent LOTS of my happy houring at Ilfo way back when. And selected it as my wedding reception venue since it seemed like an appropriate place to say goodbye to my single days.

    ReplyDelete