31 May 2009

COCKTAILING: Morton's

Morton's Web site
I never went to the Morton's at its old location, but a lot of my coworkers like their happy hour and a lot of the bar fare appetizers. We decided to give it a try before Concert in the Park, since a bunch of us were headed over to watch a coworker's boyfriend's band play. I was quite impressed. They have a great patio, but also a nice lounge area. They list their happy hour specials, so if you are looking for the cheaper drinks go with that. I recall my Finlandia vodka being $7 and Wray's Stella being about $6.50. So, the drinks aren't super cheap, BUT the apps were $5 a piece. Yes, let me repeat that! $5! The table had sliders and roast beef sandwiches, but I did see crab cakes and an endive leave "type" app for the pescatarians. I think the waitress may have been annoyed at us for moving the tables, but she got over it and was friendly afterwards when more people showed up. Going to the ladies room I checked out the dining room and know I'll be back. They had the entrees laid out very tastefully by the chef's area, and it wasn't creepy the way it is at Chops (the meat being in the locker areas). You could tell the quality of meat was high, and I can't wait to hit the dining room next time! Ray- bring your checkbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment