17 May 2009

DINNER: 58 Degrees

58 Degree's Web site
I went to 58 Degrees for some wine and a bite to eat. After ordering a trio of tastings of wonderful red wines (Mc Crea Syrah, Macchia Zin and Peter Franus Zin) I got hungry. I was thinking I would indulge in their delicious mac and cheese but I decided to try their Daily 20 menu instead. It is a three course meal for you guessed it, $20. You choose from at least two options for each course. I settled on the trio of bruschetta to start, the mushroom lasagna for my main course and the Grand Marnier crème brulee for dessert. For my trio of bruschetta I chose the fig compote with blue cheese and pecans, the country artichoke pesto and the grilled eggplant with roasted garlic and goat cheese. I got two slices of each type of bruschetta. The fig compote was almost dessert like. The other two were good but the eggplant was a bit on the bland side. The lasagna was wonderful. It was a whimsical square creation of four types of mushrooms and miso cream sauce between layers of wavy won ton crisps resembling lasagna noodles. It was the perfect size, not to small and definitely not too large. It was very tasty. The crème brulee was crème brulee, delicious. You really can't screw it up. I was surprised by how large the dessert was. I love sweets and I didn't even finish it. For $20 this is a nice meal if you are ok with smaller portions and ok with eating in a wine bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment