09 December 2009

DINNER: Jamie's Broadway Grille, Lisa's Take

So, for our 3rd Dinner Club Night Out, we chose Jamie's because it was recently featured on the Food Network and is a local favorite. I hadn't been in years, so was looking forward to having a cocktail and some comfort food. What I got was a lot of heartburn! Ouch! My first impression was that Jamie's is extremely lively and fun, but it was packed. We barely found 3 spots at the bar to have martinis, and then had to wait for a table to open up. I was jazzed by their menu board, which appeared to have some interesting options. The bartender was pretty cool, but told us that a lot of items go quickly, so we should order soon. She did put aside the last order of the chili hamburger Ray wanted, but before we ever got a table, the entree I was absolutely ravenous for was wiped off the slate. Lamb stew. It sounded lovely. Needless to say, by the time we got a table, even the renown clam chowder was sold out! I kind of felt a little annoyed that I could not have what I wanted, and ordered, along with Sandra, what I thought still had a lot of potential- a seafood combo plate with scallops, opakapaka, prawns, and crab. You all know I love a good cioppino or bouillabaise, and I think this combo plate was attempting to be "similar" to a cioppino with its own twist. Unfortunately, it left me feeling not so great. It was dripping and oozing with some sort of mystery tomato oil/sauce. I mean, dripping. The combo plate was just a big bowl of oily goo ladled over fish. It was topped with fried basil and some sort of shavings that I first thought were lemon grass, but then we decided maybe some sort of green/white onion shaving? It's still a mystery. Anyhow, the fish was cooked fine, but the oily goo just didn't really inspire me nor do I think I will go back to eat. Sorry Jamie's!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know. I've always wondered about that place and am glad to know I'm not missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I feel better about missing this one now. Would have been nice to hang out with you all, but I probably would've hated it there.

    ReplyDelete