24 November 2009

DINNER CLUB RECAP: Miscellaneous Meal

For this one, I whipped up a random array of dishes I thought would be Dinner Club-worthy -- no theme, just stuff I thought folks might like. App number one was a fontina and roasted red pepper pizza on a cornbread crust. The other app was black-eyed peas croquettes with a barley malt dipping sauce. The entree plate had a scoop of barley casserole and a slice of a sweet potato and goat cheese frittata --separated diagonally on the plate by a baby bok choy with an umeboshi and gomasio vinaigrette.For dessert I made peanut butter and chocolate cups, served in ramekins. I was pretty happy with how everything turned out considering I didn't have any real inspiration for it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this meal. I made the barley casserole at home. It is soooo good. I also made the baby bok choy. It is the dressing that is so delicious. I dipped veggies into ume vinegar last night. I forgot about the delicious pizza you served until I read your post. That was delicious too! You inspired my to start cooking vegan and it is surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete