15 December 2009

DINNER: Jamie's - Sandra's Take

Jamie's Broadway Grille's Web site
I'll make this short and sweet. I know Jamie's is a Sacramento institution. I am aware it was recently featured on the Food Network's Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. None of that made my maiden dinner experience at Jamie's good. Ray, Lisa and I went for our third dinner club night out. The restaurant is a true, legitimate dive. I loved the relaxed atmosphere and the friendly (some drunk) patrons. I was excited to try their seafood since that is the only meat I eat. I had a choice between an encrusted halibut dish and the mixed seafood special. I opted for the mixed seafood. That was a mistake. It came in a bowl of oily, greasy red sauce poured all over the seafood. I couldn't taste anything but the sauce. It had some sort of crispy herb on top. I don't know why. I have never heard of crisping herbs. I tasted one but I couldn't taste what it was, it just tasted fried. The vegetables and rice on the side were fine if uninspired. To top it off, the dish was expensive. If I recall it was about $28. On a positive note, the bartender was nice and our server was very entertaining. I would NOT recommend the seafood special to anyone though.

No comments:

Post a Comment