06 August 2009

DINNER: Mulvaney's at the B & L

Mulvaney's Web site
Why do I always forget about this place? Probably because it's in an unassuming building on a side street in midtown. Mulvaney's is lovely and consistently good. It has a relaxed, unpretentious environment in a small, low-frills place -- but the food is top-notch. We dined here on the last Second Saturday -- the rustic courtyard is beautiful, especially when it starts to get dark and the twinkle lights do their thing. We've never had a bad meal at Mulvaney's. One of us always gets the steak -- delicious! Last time I ordered an heirloom tomato salad with fresh mozzarella -- also delicious but the amount of cheese was enough to feed 10 people. I'm proud of myself for not scarfing it down, I can't imagine anyone eating that much cheese. I have to mention -- although it has nothing to do with Mulvaney's directly -- that while there, I spotted a woman at another table pour a packet of Sweet'n Low into her glass of wine! But even that couldn't detract from our wonderful dining experience at Mulvaney's.

No comments:

Post a Comment