05 August 2009

DINNER: Hot Italian, Lisa's Take

Hot Italian's Web site
Funny, we all have slightly different perspectives on the evening. I have to say that I thought the minimalist concept worked! I loved the hanging overhead fan, which appears to be an actual propeller from an airplane. Very cool. I also really enjoyed walking through the motorcycle shop while we waited for our pizzas; it was quasi-museum and quasi-pizza joint! Loved it! I foresee myself bringing out-of-towners here because it is so different. Loved the hand drier in the bathroom! I do think they should have more appetizer options, and when the waitress was asked her opinion on the wines or suggestions, she had none. That's not a good thing, especially when our group is very used to napa/sonoma/amador wines, but not Italian. We would have gone with a suggestion, but instead we had to guess with both bottles. Loved the prosciutto fig pizza. Would not reorder Ray's egg/prosciutto/mushroom pizza. Without the egg, there was barely anything on it! Good thing for the egg! Pistachio gelato - excelente!

1 comment:

  1. Your pizza was the best on the menu, and I think I've sampled most of their pizzas. Love the prosciutto-fig combination.

    ReplyDelete