06 August 2009

COCKTAILING: Mix

Mix's Web site
I did swear to not go back here after my last experience, but I didn't want to miss out my girlfriends' rendezvous last night. I have to say that Mix really is a nice place to go for drinks after work ("nice" refers to the place -- not the drinks). The service was so much better this time. Both the outside and inside bar areas are well-decorated and ideal for enjoying drinks. So, why do the drinks at Mix suck? I ordered wine this time since I have been disappointed with every cocktail I've ever had at Mix. The pinot grigio happy hour special was ... icky. I guess I can't complain, it was only $5. Why does this place have awful wine AND sugary cocktails? I could answer that by saying that they perhaps cater to a low-income, 21-year-old crowd. But if you look around, there's many successful-looking folks in their 20s, 30s and 40s -- so I just don't know. Anyway, Mix is no longer a spot of contention for me, I'll certainly return if my friends choose it as a destination. But next time, I'll flip past the first page of happy hour specials and the corny cocktail menu to find a decent glass of wine ... and cross my fingers.

3 comments: