01 June 2009

DINNER: Cyrus

Cyrus Restaurant's Web site
It doesn't get much better than this. Cyrus is not in Sacramento, but it's a couple hours away (in wine country) should you have a special occasion. I won't write up a proper review -- that'd be way too long considering we had the eight-course tasting menu. Plus some champagne and caviar to start off. And there were a few special "bites" that showed up in between courses, too. I just want to say that my dinner at Cyrus was absolutely incredible. I ate every single thing that came my way. As I was leaving, I was surprised that I wasn't overly stuffed -- after all those courses. Then I realized we had been there for six hours! Ah, that's why. Well, the service is impeccable. The dining room is elegant and cozy. But it's really about the food. And the wine. If you're making the drive and spending the money and time for a place like Cyrus, you really must do the wine pairing menu, it adds layers of flavor to an amazing meal. John and I shared the wine pairing (he was driving). But if you space it out like we did, I don't think all those half glasses add up to too much. Cyrus shares the building with the Mars Hotel -- I think we'll spend the night there next time we go. And I hope that's soon! Maybe John will do his own review on Cyrus for those who want to know more ... (I know he's dying to write about the Wagyu beef.)

No comments:

Post a Comment