16 June 2009

Dinner Club Recap: Chicken Mole'

I've always wanted to make mole' but have always been too scared to try. The guinea pigs of dinner club seemed the perfect victims. I went for an easy red mole' recipe I found online for the crockpot. In general, the ingredients are set at slow cook for 8 hours, give or take: boneless skinless chicken thighs (free range), onions, canned whole tomatoes, cider vinegar, olive oil, cocoa powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, ground cumin, ground cloves, cinnamon, sugar, garlic, ground graham crackers, etc.... The vegetarians were served a store-bought mole' that was mixed with veggie broth, and then spicened up by myself with a little cumin, vinegar, cocoa powder, and sugar, and served with grilled squash and zuchini. I was overall happy with the end result. I served the above with corn tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos, radish, onion, salsa, cilantro, black beans, and wild rice with saffron and peas. Fancy taco! Dessert was cookies from Goodie TooChews and ice cream. Yum.

2 comments: