25 June 2009

Dinner Club Recap: Summer BBQ

Summer is officially here so I thought I would test out my BBQ skills on the gang this week. I started with grilling off some french bread drizzled with olive oil that I served with goat cheese and brie, with blueberries and grapes. We had a long discussion about goat cheese and everyone agreed that you have to eat it the day of opening it or else it gets a bit funky. For dinner I made cedar planked salmon with a mustard and brown sugar crust. Yum. This was the second time I made the salmon - I had tested it on my husband the week before - and using less mustard this time made a difference. I really like these cedar planks, they are so easy to cook on and almost impossible to over cook the fish. I served the fish with buttered fingerling potatoes, blueberry and cornbread muffins, and a cold black bean and pineapple salad. For dessert I finished out the BBQ theme by grilling up some pineapple and serving it with vanilla ice cream topped with a sugared rum sauce. I hope everyone enjoyed it! It was fun to make and cooking on the grill is always an easy clean up!

3 comments:

  1. That dinner was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I loved the cedar plank cooked fish. It gives such a great flavor. The salad was great, the pototoes were delish and I couldn't get enough of the grilled olive oil drizzled crostini with brie. You knocked that one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that my only complaint was not having enough room left in my stomach to eat more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww.... you gals sure know how to make a cook feel good! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete