15 February 2010

DINNER: Plan B

Plan B's Web site
I've been wanting to try this place since Leslie and Chris reviewed it. Plan B is a cute, cozy eatery near Fair Oaks and Watt. I appreciated the decor -- pretty dark colors contrasted by white brick walls. (John thought it was lacking, though.) I was impressed with their wine list, especially their wines by the glass -- many of our favorite wineries were represented. The menu is simple, offering appetizer "stix" options that mirror the entree selections. And mussels. They offer a variety of mussels, which I assume is one of their specialties. Not really in a seafood mood, we each ordered a salad and meat entrees. John's Caesar salad was good, but could have used more anchovies. My mache salad was also good (it came with a hunk of brie, how could I not like that?). My lamb was simply and perfectly prepared. John loved his rib eye steak, a strong recommendation for all you beef eaters. We had apple pie for dessert, John thought it was boring, but I appreciated its simplicity. In fact, that's how I'd sum up Plan B -- delicious food, simply prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment