07 February 2010

DINNER: Ambience, Sandra's take

Ambience's Web site
I couldn't wait to try Ambience after John's review so we decided to make it our Dinner Club night out restaurant. I was not disappointed and I recommend it to anyone. $45 for 5 courses (not 4 as their website says) is a steal! The inside of the restaurant is very, well, ambient. I did get lost in the maze of rooms trying to find the restroom though. To be completely honest, some of the 5 courses were better than others but none were bad. The starter course of salmon mousse brioche was my least favorite. I felt the dough and the sauces drowned out any flavor from the mousse. My lobster crème brulee (a few dollars supplement) was a delicate and slightly sweet dish. The consistency was between a light mousse and custard. It was like nothing I ever tried. I don't understand the name since it was not burned on top. The follow up to that were three cold seared lobster medallions with various sauces. It was fantastic! My next course was a crab cake that I liked just fine and a polenta cake that was delicious. The star was my main course of Chilean Sea bass perfectly cooked served over the most delicious braised leeks and arborio corn rice and served in a Chardonnay cream sauce topped with crisped beets. Out of this world!! Dessert was an equally decadent light and airy but still rich chocolate parfait with a truffle on the side. The truffle wasn't anything memorable but the parfait made me crave more. Our server was pleasant and friendly and did a great job recommending a Vignonet that paired nicely with my food. Please go check this restaurant out. It is a great dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment