01 October 2009

DINNER: Taylor's Kitchen, Lisa's Take

Our 2nd dinner club outing was a lot of fun. I won't write too much about what I think the others will say, but there were some pros and cons. The pros: the service, atmosphere, and decor. What a great romantic neighborhood restaurant! I was digging the sink in the bathroom, and the 16-ply toilet paper. I'm not kidding! Ok. Maybe not 16... The waiter made a great wine recommendation, and the beet salad was fantastic. We all agreed that it was much better than Pearl on the River's beet salad. My minor disappointments in what was otherwise a great setting: the cheese plate was very drab looking; just a sprinkle of an herb or oil would have made it look stellar because the toleme cheese was stellar. Also, my pappardelle was extremely extremely salty salty salty. If and when we go again, I think the smart thing to order, from a sister restaurant of the butchery next door, would be a meat entree or the special fish entree. Duh on my part. Overall, the menu introduced me to a lot of new flavors and ideas for our next dinner club. I've never tried toleme cheese, nor caper berries or panna cotta. So, I really applaud Taylor's Kitchen for having an interesting menu and a diverse wine menu.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I was eyeing the beet salad when I was looking over the menu. Sorry we couldn't make it. Next time, I'll be sure to order it!

    ReplyDelete