11 October 2009

DESSERT: Hot Italian

I am a huge fan of sweets. I will pick sweet over savory 9 times out of 10. I usually choose frozen yogurt over ice cream but since our first dinner club night out to Hot Italian in July, I have been back twice for gelato. The first two times I went to Hot Italian for gelato I ordered the caramel salato and that is still one of my favorites. On my last trip I wanted to try something new. My sister and I sampled a few flavors before choosing one we wanted to order. The fig tasted incredibly exactly like fresh figs. It was uncanny really. I didn't think the cannoli tasted like cannoli but my sister did and she really liked it. The girl serving us handed me a sample of her favorite, Ferrero Rocher, even though I didn't ask for it nor was it on the list of flavors I was considering. I normally have vanilla tendencies rather than chocolate. It's not that I don't like chocolate because I do, it's just never my first choice. I am so glad she nudged me to try this delectable chocolate flavor. I was immediately sold on the rich chocolaty, hazelnut goodness of it. Being the creature of habit that I am I ordered half caramel salato and half Ferrero Rocher. Try it, I promise you will like it. If you don't they have a bunch of other flavors and you are sure to find one you will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment