04 March 2010

DINNER CLUB RECAP: Pho

It's been a while since I blogged, but wanted to do a quick update on my past dinner clubs. This one, I think from January, was all about comfort food and pho. The entire theme was mostly asian, with egg rolls to start, and then pho, which wasn't really authentic pho, since I did use udon noodles to make the dish a little heavier entree. I used veggie broth, added udon noodles, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and then for the meat eaters, some precarved deli roast beef. That added some great texture. To me, the best part of pho is the condiments. We had bowls of whatever we wanted to add: bean sprouts, limes, jalapenos, cilantro, mint, basil, rooster sauce, etc... I love pho.

1 comment:

  1. You got me hooked on Pho. I just had some Monday night.

    ReplyDelete