21 July 2009

LUNCH: Rio City Cafe

Rio City Cafe's Web site
I had lunch plans with my friend Megan today and we weren't sure where to go. Yes, there are lots of new places popping up downtown, but since we are located on Capitol Mall we decided to enjoy the Delta breeze and head for Old Town Sac. Rio City Cafe is the perfect spot right on the river. I mean, RIGHT on the river. I wasn't all that hungry so I had the Napa salad - very simple with mixed greens, sundried cherry vinaigrette, shaft’s Blue Cheese and grapes. It was fresh tasting and the dressing was delish as a dipping sauce to some bread. My only complaint is that it was definitely small - more like a starter salad -but our waitress did warn me about the size and it's only $6 so what would ya expect. My buddy had the chicken salad sandwich and swapped out the sweet potato fries for a healthy size of fresh fruit. It was a very relaxed lunch (over an hour) and even though they were pretty busy they didn't rush us and kept the water and iced tea flowing. If you are looking for wonderful patio dinning downtown, don't forget about Rio City. I bet it would make a perfect spot to watch the sunset, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this place for brunch on a sunny day. I usually bring out of town guests here for all the reasons you mention that make this place such a neat spot.

    ReplyDelete