29 July 2009

DINNER: Hot Italian, Bernadette's take

Hot Italian's Web site
So ... Dinner Club had its first night out on the town. (We've actually all been out together, but this is the first outing on official Dinner Club business.) That in itself was fun -- a nice change. Our agreed upon restaurant was Hot Italian. First, I love the name. Second, interesting set up with the motorcycles and bikes and related apparel. Third, great pizza. Fourth, service was pretty good except our waitress had no knowledge of the wine list. Fifth, delicious gelato (that you can sample before ordering -- I tasted Ferraro Rocher, Pistachio and Dark Chocolate -- all were yummy). Sixth, the decor -- aside from the bike section -- is pretty sparse and monochromatic. Seventh, well ... that's about it -- there's not much else to Hot Italian. Oh, since no one knew anything about the wine menu, we chose a bottle of red from Super Umbria because we liked that it had "super" in the name. It wasn't bad.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your comments and I also agree with my husband and comments found on Yelp - the service was just all over the place!? I think 5 or 6 different people helped us at one point or another. It was kind of annoying that they made a stink over giving out the cardboard pizza boxes for our leftovers. Yay for the environment but they could offer something more than too small cut foil for drippy cheesy pizza.

    Overall I would say this place is kid friendly, the tables are tall enough so Claire didn't bang her head while hiding under the table....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there were some eye-brow raising moments regarding service, but for a casual eatery, I was pleased with it. Our waitress was super friendly and tried hard. And the gelato girl gave me lots of samples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I think the majority of the staff was superfriendly and hardworking. The one bizarro guy was the one who asked us if we were leaving or if we had ordered anything. Well, yeah- duh- 7 pizzas?!!! It's not like we didn't have an appetizer and wine sitting in front of us! I forgive him, though- the balsamic, arugula, prosciutto, fig pizza was the bomb.

    ReplyDelete