08 April 2010

Dinner Club Recap: The Gang is all Here

So it was the first dinner club in a while with the gang all back together. This time of year is always tricky – 70s during the day but back down to the 40s at night still means you might be in the mood for some warm comfort food. Well, in trying to balance the Spring tastes I turned to my friend’s blog www.everythingrachaelray.com for some inspiration, which is where I found the main course. You should check it out! I started with just a simple Spinach dip served with sliced baby cucumbers and assorted colored pepper strips. Dinner was cheese tortellini with roasted tomatoes and green beans with fresh mozzarella and basil. Next time I would definitely add more roasted tomatoes (they were SO good) and less cheese tortellini. I forget how filling tortellini can be, a few really go a long way. But, I always get worried that I never serve enough food at DC, hence the hearty portion. I liked the veggie combo - you throw in the green beans during the last two minutes that the tortellini is cooking - just enough to cook but still leave the crunch. Plus, this dish can be accomplished in one pot! Always a plus. I served this with garlic bread and a mixed green salad with dried cherries, crumbled blue cheese and almond slices. Dessert was fresh cantaloupe with raspberry/pineapple sherbet - I couldn’t contain my excitement for the warmer weather in the months to come!

2 comments:

  1. The tortellini was awesome, and I really liked the fact that I learned something new with your dinner club- throwing the string beans in the pot at the end of cook time will save a lot of time and extra cleaning of pots. Thanks for the idea and the Web site link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! I am glad that you liked it and learned something :)

    ReplyDelete