03 April 2009

Dinner: Fat's Asian Bistro & Dim Sum Bar in Folsom

Fat's Bistro Web site
The hubby and I had a rare date night without our little one and after running a few errands, somehow stumbled upon eating at Fat's Asia Bistro & Dim Sum Bar in Folsom on Thursday night. Not surprisingly, it was packed. Overall, the service was pretty quick considering there were still people waiting to be seated when we left at the ripe hour of 8:00 pm. The decor is stunning, with its high ceilings and lush plants, but if I didn't have the menu in front of me stating the name of the place, I could have easily been sitting at P.F. Changs. We were starving so we decided to start with an appetizer sampler with calamari, veggie egg rolls, edemame and coconut shrimp skewers. I know! That really was a meal in itself! Everything was yummy, including the two dipping sauces. We didn't get very creative with our entrees, picking the standard sweet glazed prawns with walnuts and an asparagus and shrimp tempura dish. The husband and I both agreed that we liked the prawns, but they were very sweet and filling which over powered the rest of the meal. After just a few bites we had to call it quits! The shrimp tempura dish was good - a simple batter with sea salt and pepper that gave it some uniqueness. We also had a side of the veggie rice which was nice because it wasn't very oily and the veggies still had a crunch to them. Looking back, we should have switched out one of the heavier dishes with the ahi tuna and mango salad that I was eyeing. Next time I'm going with my gut! It would have brought some lightness to the meal. But, on the upside, we have some very yummy left-overs waiting for us at home. It's always better the second day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment